Thursday, April 14, 2011

Give me a brake!

Progress Report: 04/14/2011 2147 ADT

After several days of tinkering I finally have a working parking brake that is a good facsimile of a real one. It is a used Cessna from an unknown model that was procured on Ebay, After much trial and error, I have one that functions like the real thing and even talks to the computer!

Video of the operating unit can be found on youtube here.

Tomorrow I start work on the center console! The console is going to consist of a fuel cutoff valve, stabilizer and rubber trim wheels and indicators, and a cowl flap handle.

Found some people who have extended the shaft on their ch yokes, so have added that to the to do list. In a drastic dive now, my knuckles are hitting the instrument panel, so I am glad to have found a solution that may work! If I have not mentioned it before, if you have not found this site through mycockpit.org and you are interested in a simpit, you are missing out. Go check them out, I guarantee that you will learn a thing or two, and get a warm welcome.

N58243(virtual) signing out...


No comments:

Post a Comment