Tuesday, October 9, 2012

They say it's the journey not the destination...

Gentle Readers,

I have been derailed a bit in my project.  My wife has started a business in our home teaching piano lessons. So my sim is dismantled until summer 2013. It is not that big a problem, as my 2004 era computer no longer has the chops to run fsx at anything resembling reasonable frame rates.

The whole thing is in our storage unit right now awaiting better days. Meanwhile I have made a little progress on sub systems but wanted to give a shout out to an excellent new GA sim part manufacturer. Louie at http://diyrealism.webs.com/ has been a wiz at making all kinds of parts that offer incredible realism, are not made by anyone else and are very reasonably priced.

I got one of his electrical/circuit breaker panel sets. They are amazing. He has built them out of acrylic which is painted black and engraved with legends. They look beautiful and are ready to backlight if you want.

The fit and finish are very professional and well worth the money.

The experience of purchasing was great too. He had fast shipping and the panels were very well packed.

Not sure what else I can say, except that. I will be buying many more parts from Louie, as I put N58243 back together again ( and it will be much better with diyrealism parts!)

Wishing all your flights be CAVU.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see a blog update from you again. My Sim sat idle over the summer for a variety or reasons, but I'm now back at the build. Sorry to hear yours has to sit until next summer, but glad to hear you still have plans of moving it forward. I just posted an update on my blog, take a look.

    http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=3537574369025989145#editor/target=post;postID=231763344045823609

    ReplyDelete